Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stainless Steel "Cleaners" MAKE IT WORSE!


I am still in shock!  I can't believe what a mess stainless steel "cleaners" make!  I already knew that household cleaners suck!  They never do what they say they are going to do no matter how much effort you put into trying to make them do it!  They smell horrible and burn your eyes, nose, lungs and skin.  They leave a residue whether you see it or not.  The residue makes the surface dirty and attracts and holds more dirt much faster than if it were not there.  The worst offender I have found is so called stainless steel "cleaners".  They leave so much residue that my Norwex Microfiber Enviro Cloth cannot get it off.  Here I am telling people all they need now is to spray their stainless steel with water and wipe dry in the direction of the grain with a Norwex Window (Polishing) Cloth and their stainless steel will shine like new!  If it's really dirty clean with an Enviro Cloth first.  Problem is I had no idea that those things don't work once someone has used a "cleaner" on their appliances.  My very first stainless steel owning customer, S.M-B., was very happy with her cloths.  Neither of us knew how much better it could be.  She was the first one to tell me about her frustrations with finding a good cleaner and trying to keep her stainless steel clean.  She had tried countless products and they always required a lot of time and effort to get the stainless steel to look even half decent and trying to keep it that way was an ongoing BATTLE.  When her daughter became a toddler and started touching the appliances and putting her mouth on the handles S.M-B. didn't want to use those cleaners anymore.  Luckily I was able to tell her about Norwex Microfiber so she now uses that with just water to clean her appliances.  She has been happy with the results as it is far easier and safer than stainless steel "cleaners".   Sorry, I can't stop putting the word cleaner(s) in quotes as a way to say so called cleaner(s). ; )

A couple of weeks ago I had my first demonstration at a home with all stainless steel appliances.  I arrive before the guests to set up and decide with the Hostess what I will demonstrate on.  I was thrilled to see the stainless steel appliances!  The dishwasher had a few water runs down the front and what looked like some smudges.  I couldn't help myself and didn't wait for the guests. I sprayed it with water and wiped it with my Window Cloth.  No difference.  Hmmmm.  I asked her if she used stainless steel "cleaners" to clean it.  She said yes, she buys it from Costco.  I figured there was some residue and I would just wipe it off with the Microfiber Enviro Cloth.  It didn't look like there was a lot.  Just a little because, as I said, all I could see was some smears and water runs. It did nothing!  The Enviro Cloth made no difference!  I have used that Enviro Cloth to get some serious dirt and grease off of my brushed stainless steel bread box that sat on top of my fridge (see my post here for pictures of how gross the top of my fridge was) with just water! I was stunned!  A little scared too.  Maybe the cloths don't work on stainless steel!  Maybe S.M-B. wasn't happy with them and she just didn't have the guts to tell me.  Maybe....

Stop panicking!   Cleaning Paste!  I had some Norwex Cleaning Paste in my bag.  Give that a try.  It is safe for stainless steel.  WOOHOO!  It works!!!  OMG look at the difference!  I was NOT expecting that.  The residue from the stainless steel "cleaner" was far worse than I could have ever imagined!!!!  I'm still absolutely floored by this experience.  How do these companies get away with selling a product like this that MAKES IT WORSE and then call it a cleaner!

Click to ENLARGE!
Click on this picture once to open it and then again to zoom in.  I also have more pictures in bigger sizes here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/cleancleaning  Once you are looking at the larger version of the photo focus on the bottom right corner. if you saw that you might think your stainless steel was clean. True? You would have no idea that it wasn't and that there was residue.  Unless you took a before and after picture.  The top left side is where I used the Norwex Cleaning Paste to remove the stainless steel "cleaner" residue.  Can you believe it?!?  Norwex Cleaning Paste cleans, polishes and protects in one application.  Ingredients:  marble-flour, natural soap and traces of coconut oil.  Can be used on surfaces and material made of chrome, nickel, stainless steel, aluminum, plastic, ceramics, porcelain tiles and similar materials.  I have used it on my toilet, shower tiles (even removed silicon residue which is a miracle!), stainless steel appliances and my kitchen sink.  I love it : )  A big THANK YOU! to dishwasher owner M.D. for taking pictures so we could share this with you!

I couldn't wait to show S.M-B. my dear friend, co-worker and fellow Norwex lover!  She assured me she was happy with the cloths and that her stainless steel was clean.  I explained that I too was sure it was clean because I know how hard she works to keep it clean.  But! I was also sure, based on this photo and this experience that there was residue left behind from the cleaners she had previously used.  I was beside myself excited for her to try the Cleaning Paste so I lent her mine to take home and try.  The biggest reason I was excited was that I knew that once that residue is gone she will see that with just her window cloth and water her Stainless Steel will be shiny new all the time and it will STAY CLEAN LONGER!  She will finally be able to see what the cloths can really do!  As long as the residue is there water marks and finger prints will occur and be much worse than if there was no residue.  S.M-B. emailed me after she tried the Cleaning Paste.  I copied it into the comments section below and will later add it to the testimonials.

Before I go just a bit on the Cleaning Paste.  It comes in a 200ml size container.  It is a solid.  You pick some up on your damp Enviro Cloth and polish the surface (in the direction of the grain if stainless steel) to clean it.  Then rinse by wiping with a damp Enviro Cloth.  Dry with a Window Cloth for a long lasting residue and streak free shine! 

The number one take home point from all of this is that Norwex Products ACTUALLY CLEAN and do not leave a residue!

PLEASE NOTE:  Norwex does not recommend using Cleaning Paste on brushed stainless steel.  

1 comment:

  1. S.M-B., Port Coquitlam, BC CanadaNovember 2, 2010 at 12:10 PM

    Okay... All I can say is WOW!! I tried the paste! I honestly thought my stainless steel appliances were really clean; maybe a streak here or there but boy was i wrong!! I cant believe the difference!! My appliances have NEVER looked this clean . I used very little paste and the results are amazing!!! WOWWWWW!!!!\

    I cant even compare it to the store brand ones i have used... just doesn,t compare!!

    I can't get over how well it works!

    ReplyDelete