Kitchen Cloths - Thanks to these cloths I no longer waste 3 rolls of paper towels per week and more than $260 per year! These are probably the toughest working babies! They have to deal with biodegrading food and sticky grease on a daily basis. We all know this means a sour smell in cloths within a day. Not these antibacterial babies! This is also why they are made thin and light to allow for thorough rinsing and quick drying. Even though they are thin they still clean everything in my kitchen just as well as the thicker Enviro Cloth. They can also pick up nearly an entire cup of water! I strongly recommend not using one of these more than a couple of days. After 2 days It is retired to the laundry bin. After a really greasy job such as cleaning up after frying bacon I hand wash with Norwex Dish Liquid, hang dry and then it's retired to the laundry bin whether it's been 2 days or not. Same for any high bacteria load clean ups such as after raw meat.
Baby (or Makeup or Body) Cloths - These cloths remove my makeup, including waterproof mascara, with just water! Makeup and skin oils gather in the cloth quickly. I use one side per day for 2 days. If it is the beginning of the week and will be several days before laundry day I wash with Norwex Dish Liquid to get rid of some of the oil as I don't want the oil to prevent the antibacterial action by coating the fibers.
After a dirty job, greasy job, for stains or routine maintenance.
Put on some rubber gloves and agitate, agitate, agitate! You may be surprised at the colour of the water!
From the new 2011 Norwex Catalogue
Microfiber Care Instructions
To save the environment and reduce the use of detergents, we suggest that slightly dirty cloths and mops be washed with a little Norwex Dish Liquid under warm running water and used again before laundering.
- Launder microfiber cloths with other lint-free laundry.
- Use only Norwex Ultra Power Plus or another environmentally friendly detergent without fillers and bleach to clean our products.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener on microfiber. Bleach and fabric softeners destroy the product's ability to clean effectively.
These cloths are special and they require a little bit of special care but they are way beyond worth it. I hope I'm not making it sound like a lot because it really is simple.
- Follow the Care Instructions outlined in the catalogue.
- Don't over use the cloths.
- Deep Clean every couple of months for extra "insurance" and to make up for the times we didn't do 1 and 2. : )